Reporting to the General Manager, the Front Office & Booking Manager deals with all services relating to reception, coordinating the activities of the entire lobby. He/she is responsible for managing reservations, handling complaints and misunderstandings that have occurred or have been reported to reception, and, more generally, coordinating and monitoring Front Office activities. He is responsible for making room reservations, checking room availability, and assigning rooms when guests arrive. He handles complaints and problems reported by guests and emergency situations.
- Manages the function's human resources by coordinating their activities and, in agreement with the Human Resources Manager, takes care of training and professional development
- Coordinates the Front Office and booking staff as well as the Concierge.
- Supervises the work of the booking department, guaranteeing speed and punctuality in responding to guests' requests.
- Analyses the availability of rooms and supports the company's sales strategy to maximize occupancy, revenue, and performance of the hotel.
- He manages the rooms in close collaboration with the Housekeeping Manager.
- He reviews daily arrivals and room assignments to fully meet guests' needs and make their holidays enjoyable.
- He constantly interacts with VIP guests; he conveys the group's distinctive values and skills to guests.
- He manages and coordinates all operations relating to the Reception department.
- He performs administrative and accounting tasks such as issuing tax documents and cashiering.
Behavioural skills required:
- At least 5 years of experience in the role, in similar, high-positioning hotel contexts
- Proven experience in the reservations department in high-positioning hotel contexts
- Knowledge of management systems
- Knowledge of German and English
- Problem-solving: Be able to work in stressful situations, mainly when dealing with guest complaints and grievances in a friendly and timely manner.
- Stress management: resilience and resilience in difficult and stressful situations
- Organization: defines the internal organization of his or her function, taking care that employees are appropriately result-oriented
- Communication: disseminates identified solutions and incorporates them into work processes;
- makes his/her knowledge and experience available to all; is responsible for internal communication within his/her department
- Relationship skills: ability to create a cohesive and motivated team
- Result orientation: he is concrete and achievable concerning the objectives he sets for himself